Position Title: Nurse Practitioner
Reports to: Rhode Island Public Health Institute Medical Director
The Rhode Island Public Health Institute (RIPHI) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization whose mission is to promote community health and eliminate health disparities in Rhode Island and beyond. RIPHI oversees public health programs, conducts translational and policy research, and trains students and public health practitioners. Our rapid and currently growing portfolio includes programs related to food insecurity, nutrition and active living, hepatitis C virus (HCV), HIV and other sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) to reduce HIV transmission, geographically-focused health interventions, and other efforts to reduce health disparities. To learn more about RIPHI, visit https://www.riphi.org.
Open Door Health is an initiative of RIPHI. Open Door Health is dedicated to providing high-quality, patient-centered primary and sexual health care to all Rhode Islanders, with a focus on the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer communities and communities of color. To learn more about Open Door Health, visit https://www.opendoorhealth.org.
RIPHI seeks a Nurse Practitioner (NP) to help lead Open Door Health, our new community-based clinic in Providence, Rhode Island. The clinic will focus specifically on sexual health and primary care for members of the LGBTQ community. The NP will report to the RIPHI Medical Director of Open Door Health The NP will be responsible for providing culturally-congruent primary and sexual health care, managing daily clinical activities, and helping oversee other staff.
- Provide culturally congruent and affirming primary and sexual health care with a focus on individuals from the LGBTQ community
- Screen patients for HIV and other sexually transmitted infections
- Perform accurate history and physical examinations
- Provide advanced practice skills under the supervision of the Medical Director
- Use electronic medical records and other database systems to provide accurate documentation of patient encounters
- Follow up on test results to determine appropriate course of action and further treatment options
- Deliver a high quality of care while meeting expectations related to ongoing quality improvement
- Participate in research related activities as needed which may include recruitment of participants and enrollment in various studies
- Oversee other staff as indicated
- Assist with clinic administration and grants management
- Assist with clinic and grants management
- Assist with other clinical and related public health activities identified by the medical and executive directors
- Maters of Science Degree or higher from an accredited nurse practitioner program
- Valid nurse practitioner license in the state of Rhode Island
- 2+ years’ nursing experience
- Ability to work as part of a team and take direction
- Familiarity with electronic medical records
- Strong communication skills
- BLS and ACLS certification
- Fluent in the provision of culturally congruent services
- Bi-lingual/bi-cultural Spanish or/and Portuguese is preferred
- Experience providing culturally congruent and affirming care to sexual and gender minorities and racial and ethnic minorities is highly desirable
Open Door Health is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diverse candidates to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender identity, expression or preference, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, socio-economic status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please send a CV and letter of interest with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org