Position Title: Nurse (RN)
Reports to: Medical Director of Open Door Health
The Rhode Island Public Health Institute (RIPHI) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization whose mission is to promote community health and eliminate health disparities in Rhode Island and beyond. RIPHI oversees public health programs, conducts translational and policy research, and trains students and public health practitioners. Our rapid and currently growing portfolio includes programs related to food insecurity, nutrition and active living, hepatitis C virus (HCV), HIV and other sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) to reduce HIV transmission, geographically-focused health interventions, and other efforts to reduce health disparities. To learn more about RIPHI, visit https://www.riphi.org.
Open Door Health is an initiative of RIPHI. Open Door Health is dedicated to providing high-quality, patient-centered primary and sexual health care to all Rhode Islanders, with a focus on the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer communities and communities of color. To learn more about Open Door Health, visit https://www.opendoorhealth.org.
The Rhode Island Public Health Institute seeks a Nurse (RN) for Open Door Health, our community-based clinic in Providence, Rhode Island. The clinic focuses specifically on sexual health and primary care for members of the LGBTQ community. The Nurse will report to the RIPHI Medical Director of the Clinic and work closely with the Nurse Practitioner. The Nurse will be responsible for providing culturally-congruent primary and sexual health care, screening patients for HIV and other sexually transmitted diseases and providing other medical care including COVID-19 screening.
We offer excellent benefits, generous paid time off and competitive compensation.
- Provide culturally congruent primary and sexual health care with a focus on individuals from the LGBTQ community
- Screen patients for HIV and other sexually transmitted infections
- Assist with phlebotomy services / specimen collection; coordinate with East Side Clinical Labs for courier pick up
- Notify patients of test results and coordinate follow up care as appropriate
- Triage patients and perform initial history and physical examinations
- Administer vaccinations and medications including intramuscular injections
- Use electronic medical records and other databases to provide accurate documentation of patient encounters
- Maintain medical / medication supplies inventory log and coordinate reordering as necessary
- Deliver a high quality of care while meeting expectations related to ongoing quality improvement
- Participate in research related activities as needed which may include recruitment of participants and enrollment in various studies
- Assist with clinic and grants management
- Assist with other clinical and related public health activities identified by the medical and executive directors
- ASN/BSN/MSN and currently licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the state of Rhode Island
- 2+ years’ nursing experience
- Ability to work as independently and collaboratively within a team environment
- Proficiency with electronic medical records; Experience with Athena highly desirable
- Strong communication skills
- BLS and ACLS certification
- Able to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Fluent in the provision of culturally congruent services
- Bi-lingual/bi-cultural Spanish or/and Portuguese is preferred
- Experience providing culturally congruent and affirming care to sexual and gender minorities and racial and ethnic minorities is highly desirable
Open Door Health is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diverse candidates to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender identity, expression or preference, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, socio-economic status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please send a CV and letter of interest with salary requirements to: email@example.com